There are various fees and charges associated with letting of your property that we want you to be aware of. For further information on the benefits or our various service levels, together with details of other charges (including when they apply), and for a copy of our Terms of Business, please speak to a member of staff.
Level of Service Offered and Commission Charges
(Please refer to our Terms of Business for more information)
Standard Lettings Service @ 9.6% inc. VAT (8% exc. VAT)
Lettings + Rent Collection + Management Service @ 16.8% inc. VAT (14% exc. VAT)
Short Let Service @ 24% inc. VAT (20% exc. VAT)
Standard Lettings Renewal Service @ 7.2% inc. VAT (6% exc. VAT)
Please Note: Fees are expressed as a percentage of the agreed rent for the entire period of the tenancy. Fees for our services are payable in advance at the start of the tenancy based on the agreed term, save for the management fees which are payable monthly. Fees are also payable on any renewals, extensions or periods of holding over. Please refer to our terms of business for further information.
Other Fees and Charges that might apply when you use our services
Deposit Registration Fee – £42.00
Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government authorised Scheme. Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of the start of the tenancy. The fee would apply only if the deposit is to be protected with an insurance based scheme.
Renewal Fee – the fee will be payable at 7.2% inc. VAT (6% exc. VAT)
Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement.
Please note, the monthly management fee will be charged at the same percentage as the original tenancy.
Submission of Non-Resident Landlord’s receipts to HMRC – £358.80 (Inc. VAT)
To remit and balance the financial return to HMRC quarterly and respond to any specific query relating to the return from the landlord or HMRC
Same Day Bank Transfer (UK accounts) – £36.00 (Inc. VAT)
Oversees Bank Transfer – £36.00 (Inc. VAT)
Energy Performance Certificate – £118.80 (Inc. VAT)
Gas Safety Check and Certificate – £120.00 (Inc. VAT)
Portable Appliance Check and Certificate – £120.00 (Inc. VAT)
Inventory Fee – typical cost £238.00 (Inc. VAT)
Attending the property to undertake a Schedule of Condition of the property at the time of the move in. The actual cost of the Inventory Check In is dependent on the size of the property. We will give you the price applicable to the property in good time.
Professional Cleaning – typical cost £304.00 (Inc. VAT)
The actual cost of the cleaning is dependent on the size of the property. We will give you the price applicable to the property in good time.
Standard Letting Service @ 9.6% Inc. VAT (8% exc. VAT)
- Discuss the letting market and agree rental level
- Advise on landlord’s obligations in relation to health and safety compliance
- Arrange photographs and discuss marketing strategy
- Advertise the property on main property portals
- Accompany viewings
- Negotiate Tenancy offer
- Arrange tenant references
- Assist with Right to Rent checks
- Collect and hold tenant’s deposit as stakeholder
- Register deposit with Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Collect and remit rent received
- Chase rent arrears
- Make any HMRC deductions
- Liaise with landlord and tenant regarding renewal or termination
Minimum fee of £1200.00 (inc. VAT) would apply
Comprehensive Management Service @ 4.8% Inc. VAT (4% exc. VAT)
In addition to the Standard Letting Service
- Arrange inventory and check in and check out
- Assist landlord and tenant with utility transfers
- Arrange gas and portable appliance safety inspections
- Arrange general routine maintenance using approved suppliers
- Liaise with landlord’s preferred suppliers as required
- Assist with the payment of ground rent and service charges as required
- Undertake one property visit a year (subject to access)
- Provide emergency tenant out of hours service 365 days per year
- Undertake deposit release negotiations
Lettings and Full Management Service @ 14.4% Inc. VAT (12% exc. VAT)
Please see the description for the Standard Letting Service and Comprehensive Management Service
Minimum fee of £1800.00 (inc. VAT) would apply
Short Let Service with Full Management @ 24% Inc.VAT (20% exc. VAT)
This service applies to tenancies shorter than 6 months.
All the services, save for the transfer of utilities, will apply as per Standard Letting and Full Management Services.
Client money protection provided by
Independent redress provided by PRS
Member of MyDeposits and DPS